Sandhills church of hope
Family worship service
Distance is vast in the Sandhills. However, we have been blessed enough to be able to have 2 churches to serve from!
Cutcomb Church (South of Nenzel): Service at 9:00 AM MT
Cody Church (in Cody): Service at 10:30 AM MT
The first Sunday of each month we all gather, at one church, to celebrate our fellowship together and have a tasty potluck meal.
Combined Service is at 10:00 AM MT
We alternate churches at the beginning of each month.
Check our Calendar to see which one it will be this month.
Our service consists of worship through singing, testimony, prayer, scripture reading and a Bible message from our Pastor. At our combined service we share in the Lord’s Supper (Communion). We practice "open communion" meaning all believers are invited to participate in our time of remembrance through communion. If you happen to get thirsty, coffee is always available in the kitchen downstairs!
Sunday morning is a time of worship for both Adults and Children!
We want Sunday worship to be a family experience. We love it when kids worship alongside their parents, even with all the squirms and squalls. They are an important part of the future of our church. We also understand that sitting through a worship service can be a challenge for younger kids and that can also detract from a parent's and others worship experience. If you need to, you are welcome to take little ones to our nursery.
Our Statement of Faith
1. Bible: We believe in the verbal and plenary inspiration of the Holy Scriptures (both Old and New Testaments), making them inerrant, infallible, and the final authority for all (2 Tim. 3:15-17; 2 Pet.1:20,21).
2. God: We believe in one triune God, eternally existing in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who are identical in essence, equal in power and glory, and possess precisely the same attributes and perfections (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14).
3. Man: We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, in innocence and without sin. But in Adam's sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, became spiritually dead and alienated from God so that man is a sinner by both nature and imputation. Further, man, of himself, is incapable of remedying his lost and depraved condition (Gen. 1 :26; 3:1-24; Rom. 3:10-18; 5:12; Eph. 2:1-3).
4. Christ: We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God; that He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin; in order that He might redeem sinful man. He accomplished this redemption by voluntarily giving Himself as a sinless substitutionary sacrifice on the cross, thereby satisfying God's righteous judgment against sin. He gave proof of His work through His bodily resurrection from the grave. He then ascended to the right hand of His Father where He intercedes on behalf of those who trust Him (John 1:1,2,14,18; Luke 1:34,35; Rom. 3:24-26; 8:34).
5. Holy Spirit: We believe that the Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the eternal godhead who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and judgment. He is the agent of regeneration; baptizes believers into the body of Christ, sealing them unto the day of redemption. (Acts 5:3; John 16:7-8; I Cor. 12:13; Eph. 1:13-14)
6. Salvation: We believe that salvation is the gift of God's grace given to all who place their trust in the finished work of Jesus Christ. It includes all that God does in saving a person from the penalty, power, and presence of sin and restoring them to a right relationship with God. It cannot be gained or earned by good works; as such, it is solely the work of God from initiation to completion (Eph. 1:7; 2:8-10; John 1:12).
7. Sanctification: The believer’s assurance does not give him the license to sin. To the contrary, we believe that all who are saved are called to a Spirit-filled life that strives to be separated from sin and is maturing in godliness (I Peter 1:13-18; Ephesians 5:18).
8. Resurrection: We believe in the bodily resurrection of all mankind—believers to everlasting life in the presence of God, unbelievers to conscious and everlasting condemnation in hell (I Cor. 15:50-57; Rev. 20:15; Matthew 25:46).
9. Eternal Security: We believe that all who are saved will be kept eternally secure in Christ forever (John 10:27-30; Rom. 8:28-39).
10. The Church: We believe that the universal church is composed of all believers in Jesus Christ and are permanently placed there through the baptism of the Holy Spirit (I Cor. 12:13).
11. The Ordinances: We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ gave two ordinances for the church to follow: The Lord's Supper and Believer's Baptism, The Lord's Supper is a commemoration of the death of Jesus Christ and a reminder of His return (1 Cor. 11), Believer's baptism is an outward act of an inward reality that is best expressed through immersion in water (Acts 8).
12. Later Things: We believe in the imminent, pre-tribulational return of Jesus Christ for His bride the Church; and the pre-millennial return with His saints to establish a literal, physical, 1,000 year reign on earth (I Thess. 4:13-5:11; Rev. 20).
13. Creation: We believe that God created the entire universe, including all living things, in 6 literal 24 hour days. We reject the teachings and movements that attempt to harmonize the Bible with godless theories (Gen. 1-3).
We are all imperfect people, even those of us who go to church. We all bleed sin. When we gather a group of imperfect people together and put scripture in the center as a foundation, together we learn to become better people, disciples for Jesus Christ. We can learn to forgive and love each other, just as Jesus has done for us.
Our prayer, is nothing more extraordinary than to help lead you to Christ. He will then lead you to a place without fear, hatred, sadness, pain or death.....
What are you passionate about? What do you love to do? What makes you “tick”? What life struggles are you facing (we all have them)? Where are you at with God? We want to make sure every person finds a way to support someone else. We don't have to have all the right words or knowledge to make a difference. Life experiences teach us the most and those positive and negative experiences can equip us to help one another. We believe that we need to come together within ourselves, church, community, country and world to lead those whom are lost (as we all have been) towards a never ending relationship with Jesus Christ.
Within our church, we actively support and help our school system, community events and global missions.