I hope your week has been encouraging and that you have been able to spend time in God’s presence, listening to His voice as our Shepherd. Jesus Christ is our “one hope” as brothers and sisters in Christ. Here are a few ministry updates:
· No Kid’s Club South this week. Please pray for the ministry of Wednesday Kid’s Club in Cody.
· Men’s Bible Study South will meet Wed. night at 7:30 at Rob’s. We are beginning the book, “Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire” by Jim Cymbala as our Launchpad for discussion and Bible Study. I have plenty of copies.
· Men’s Bible Study in Cody will meet Wed. night as well and they are doing a DVD study on prayer by Jim Cymbala.
· Ladies Bible Study South will meet at Janet’s on Thursday morning. The Launchpad for discussion and Bible Study there is the book “Unglued” by Lisa TerKeurst. Cody area ladies are doing a Warren Wiersbe study at Nancy Goodwin’s on Wednesday evenings.
· Annual Church Meeting this Sunday- This is a great opportunity to be a part of helping our church move forward under God’s direction. We would appreciate your involvement if you can make it. Here is the main part of the agenda:
o Elders to lead the church
§ Jay Jenkins has felt led to resign and be in more of a support role rather than leadership. We as an Elder Board are very grateful for all that Jay and Wendy have given this past year.
§ The Board has nominated Marty Blocker for another term.
§ The Board has also nominated John Ravenscroft to serve as Elder.
o Constitution/Bylaws-The Board has made a motion to adopt the articles presented to congregation last year with a few changes.
o Finances-We have a treasurer’s report for every family to go over.
· Communion-We will also celebrate the Lord’s Table during our combined worship service. Let us prepare our hearts to remember Christ’s sacrifice.
· Valentine’s Day- A fun evening is being planned! Decorations are made!
*If you want to help work on food prep and/or setting up tables- we’ll meet Wednesday February 13th around 5:45 PM MT in the church basement.
Here are some of the highlights to come:
o Childcare provided at the Ford’s
o Delicious hors d'oeuvres and desserts
o Fun game time
o A chance to be together
o Biblical encouragement on relationships