It has been such a blessing in my life recently to think about the power of the Holy Spirit and the way we can help each other open our hearts to His filling. Denna and I feel that blessing. We are so thankful for all the thoughtful cards and gifts we received from all of you throughout the Christmas season. We have a great family here in the Sandhills!
I'm going to fly through what is going on within Sandhills Church of Hope in the next weeks.
- Kid's Club South this Tuesday afternoon/Kid's Club in Cody on Wednesday afternoon
- Men's Bible studies on Wednesday (South at Parkhursts-7:30 CT/ Cody-8 MT at the church)
- The South Men's Bible study is going to begin going through the book, "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire" on January 24th. The Cody Men's Bible Study is just beginning a DVD series on prayer by Pastor Jim Cymbala. It is great timing to jump into a Bible study if you are interested.
- Ladies Bible Study
- The South Ladies Bible study will meet this Thursday at Angel's. In a week or so they are going to begin the study "Unglued" from the same author who wrote "Made to Crave."
- The Cody Ladies Bible study will meet at Nancy Goodwin's on Wednesday night. They are going through a Bible study on Ezekiel by Warren Wiersbe.
- Mom's in Prayer is scheduled for this Thursday night in Cody at the church. The time will be 6:30 MT. Plan on a time of focused prayer as well as a craft and discussion about a Valentine's Banquet. If you would like to catch a ride in from the country, ask Janet Parkhurst.
- Annual Church Business Meeting- January 27th, after our morning church service. If you have trusted Christ and identify yourself with Sandhills Church of Hope as your place of worship and accountability, please make this meeting a priority so that we can come together to seek God's Will for our church.
- New contact info- I have changed my cell phone number to 402-316-8143. This does require dialing a "1" from a landline phone. We switched to a family plan and I cannot get a local number with this carrier. I apologize for the inconvenience.
It feels good to be back on track with an updated midweek minute database. If for any reason you would prefer not to get these, please let me know.