"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." (Romans 15:13)
It is my prayer that your life would be bursting with hope this week through the power of the Holy Spirit. The Lord is faithful to all His promises.
- We are planning a church picnic for September 8th at Merritt Reservoir. We will have a service and baptism at 11 AM followed by a picnic meal and afternoon fun.
o One of the highlights of the day is going to be a canoe race!
o We plan to meet at the Snake River area on the south side of the lake.
- This coming Sunday we will have communion. We will also be looking at part 2 of “Q&A on Baptism.” We will be continuing to study what God’s Word says about this important topic. You can catch up on sermons at www.sandhillschurchofhope.com Last week’s message will be up on the website shortly.
- September 1st is the last Sunday to bring care package items for the Randal Cheney family who have recently arrived in Swaziland, Africa. Here are some ideas:
o Spice packets, coffee chocolate, dry food packets
o Christian books and music for teen girls
o Little army men and legos for boys
o Adventures in Oddessey CD’s
o Remember to pack things in ziplock bags if possible.
- We are hoping to break ground soon on a 10x16 storage shed at the church in Cody. This will be to store chairs, tables and outdoor equipment to help keep the basement organized and usable.
- The next elders meeting will be on September 5th. If you have anything you would like to bring to our attention, please let me know.